Happy St. Patrick's Day!
St. Patrick may have preferred Irish Whiskey, but his descendants here in America also like Bourbon. Raise a glass to St. Paddy and Bourbon’s Irish Heritage with these two hybrid St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails! Get your green on with these sippers, featuring Jameson and Basil Hayden.
1.) Jameson Orange & Lemonade
Why stray from citrus? The perfect pair for Jameson Orange is right beside it in the fruit bowl.
- Ice Cubes
- 1 Part Jameson Orange
- 3 Parts Lemonade
- 1 Slice Orange
How To Make
- Fill a high ball glass with ice and pour in a shot of Jameson Orange whiskey. Top up the glass with a good quality white lemonade and stir briefly to mix.
- Take a large wedge of orange, give it a squeeze and drop it into the glass
- Roughly 1 part Jameson Orange to 3 parts lemonade, all parts refreshing.
2.) Basil Hayden’s Spiced Honey Ginger
Don’t be scared to add some spice to a some Basil Hayden. It’s the ideal pair that will leave your palate vying for more.
- 1 ½ parts Basil Hayden’s Toast Bourbon
- 1/2 part ginger liqueur
- 3/4 part lemon juice
- 1/2 part honey simple syrup*
- 3-4 dashes Bittercube Jamaican #2 Bitters
- 1 lemon wheel (for garnish)
- 1 rosemary sprig (for garnish)
How to Make:
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and sprig of rosemary.
*To create Honey Simple Syrup, combine equal parts honey and equal parts water over heat until dissolved.